Terms & Conditions
Cadbury World Terms and Conditions of Entry
Any reference to we/us/our/Cadbury World shall mean Mondelez Europe Services GmbH – UK Branch trading as Cadbury World, Linden Road, Bournville, Birmingham B30 2LU
About Cadbury World:
Cadbury World is a self-guided exhibition tour.
Note that Cadbury World is located in the grounds of the original Cadbury factory, but due to the nature of the modern production process, is not a tour of the factory itself. Instead you’ll discover the history and the magic behind Cadbury confectionery, as you journey through an assortment of chocolatey themed zones. To find out more about what you’ll see at Cadbury World, visit our Explore pages here.
Opening Times and Tour Duration
- See here for opening times and dates. Cadbury World will close 1.5 hours after the last published entry time on the day of your visit.
- On average, your self-guided tour of Cadbury World will take approximately 3 hours to complete and includes the main attraction (1.5 hours), 4D Chocolate Adventure, The Bournville Experience, self-service Cadbury Catering facilities, The World’s Biggest Cadbury Shop and the African Adventure play area. Visits can be longer at busier times during weekends and school holidays.
- See here for information on how to book tickets.
- All tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, not for resale and cannot be exchanged once booked. Tickets are non-refundable in the event that admission is refused for any reason as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- Tickets are only valid for the time and date printed on the ticket. If you arrive later than your booked time, we will do our best to accommodate you but this may not be possible and you may be turned away.
- Tickets are for general admission to Cadbury World only and not for the Chocolatier Experience or Afternoon Tea which should be booked separately in advance – see here for more information.
- No person 15 or under will be allowed entry to Cadbury World unless they are accompanied by an adult aged 18 years or over and such person or persons whilst on site must remain under the control or supervision of an adult at all times.
- Tickets can either be printed or ticket barcodes can be scanned from a mobile phone on arrival at the exhibition. If you have any difficulty printing out your ticket, and are unable to present your ticket barcode on a mobile phone, simply bring your booking reference number with you to the Cadbury World reception desk, 10 minutes before your booked entry time. (If you have booked the first entry time of the day, please arrive at that time of your booking, when doors will open.)
- If your admission ticket for Cadbury World is for 2.30pm or later, we would recommend that you arrive 1.5 hours earlier to enjoy the 4D Chocolate Adventure, the Bournville Experience and the African Adventure play area before you enter the main exhibition.
- If booking a birthday treat, you will be charged for numbers quoted at the time of booking and then a separate charge for any additional children who arrive on the day.
- If tickets are purchased on behalf of others, the purchaser accepts that these Terms and Conditions apply to each person in the group.
- Group Organisers/tour managers are permitted one free admission to Cadbury World when bringing 20 or more paying people.
- Coach drivers are given free admission for groups of 15 or more. Please note that refreshments for drivers are not provided.
- Groups who do not book in advance, or who fall below 15 people will not be able to take advantage of our group benefits and will pay full price admission.
- For school and uniformed groups e.g. Scouts and Brownies, one free place is given for every 8 paying children.
- Free parking is available on site.
- Vehicles are parked at the owners’ risk and neither Cadbury World nor its affiliates are responsible for any damage to vehicles using the car park.
- Due to safety regulations pushchairs are not permitted on the upper floor of the attraction - a pushchair park is provided.
- Toilets, accessible toilets, baby changing facilities and a Changing Places facility are located around Cadbury World. See here for accessibility information.
- During term time, school and college groups will be on site throughout the day.
- Children aged 15 years or under must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Smoking (including e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited inside Cadbury World. Should visitors wish to smoke, there are external designated smoking areas on site.
- We reserve the right to prevent entry to Cadbury World and/or to remove anyone from the premises whose behaviour is inappropriate and/or undesirable and which may affect the safety and enjoyment of our staff or other guests, without the right to a refund.
- CCTV cameras are used to assist in the proper running of Cadbury World.
- We reserve the right, without prior notice, to close and/or change the zones that are open and/or to change our opening hours.
- We, in our absolute discretion reserve the right to close the whole or any part of Cadbury World at any time or to restrict the number of people having access to Cadbury World. The reason for any closure or restriction may include capacity, adverse weather conditions, technical or operational reasons, Government Order, public health emergency, special events or to ensure the safety of our guests, or for any reason that Cadbury World reasonably considers the circumstances so require. For Tickets purchased in advance, if Cadbury World is closed for any of the reasons set out above, we may offer replacement tickets for admission to Cadbury World on an alternative date or instead offer, at our discretion, a full refund. Cadbury World will not cover any costs for transport or accommodation if there is a need to close at any time for the reasons stated above. Please do keep an eye on our website and our social media pages for any relevant updates.
CONDITIONS OF USE OF CADBURY WORLD WEBSITE
The terms and conditions set out below apply to the use by Mondelez Europe Services GmbH - UK Branch operating as Cadbury World (CW) for the personalised chocolate service and incorporate with the standard T&Cs located here. By accessing and browsing this site and/or placing an order You (a legal person placing an order) agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below and accept without any limitation or qualification. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions you may not use or access this site.
Cadbury World reserves the right to make changes to this site and to these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. You should review these terms and conditions each time you access this website.
Before you place an order, if you are unsure about any aspect of our terms and conditions please contact our help desk by email on email@example.com.
The terms and conditions below apply to the use of this website at www.cadburyworld.co.uk (the ‘website’). Using the website and or placing an order constitutes acceptance of our terms and conditions.
Each order shall be deemed to be an offer by you to purchase the products subject to these Terms and Conditions. A contract will be formed upon despatch of the relevant products by Cadbury World.
Using the personalised chocolate service - things you must remember
We want everyone to enjoy using the Cadbury World personalised chocolate service but there are certain rules and restrictions governing its use.
- Your personalised message must not be offensive, profane or be intended to threaten, cause offence, annoyance, embarrassment or distress to any person or represent the intellectual property of a third party.
- We reserve the right to reject orders that in our absolute discretion are offensive, indecent, pornographic, promote discrimination based on race, sex, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age or that in our opinion might incite hatred or violence or that are the intellectual property of a third party.
- User uploaded content will not give the impression that it is endorsed by or otherwise eminates from Cadbury.
- Please be aware that all orders are reviewed by a member of our team.
- All orders are subject to acceptance
It is vitally important that when you place your order that you check all details, including dates, spelling, punctuation and grammar are correct as we copy what we get sent for item personalisation.
We make every effort to display each item accurately but as they are hand-made and hand-decorated there may be slight differences in the item received.
The character limit including spaces for the Chuckle Bean plaques is 30, for the Milk Chocolate slabs is 40 and for the Easter egg is 30 characters.
We reserve the right to limit any orders that we think may have been placed by resellers or redistributors and refuse any orders we believe to be fraudulent.
We reserve the right to discontinue this service without notice.
PRICE & PAYMENTS
All prices on the website are in UK pounds (£). Prices are subject to change without notice.
Payment via all major debit and credit cards is taken online with the exception of American Express.
We pride ourselves on getting you your items as quickly as possible. Once an order has been placed, we are unable to cancel it. Orders will usually take 7 to 10 working days to arrive. For orders to be delivered before Easter, the cut-off date will be Tuesday 23rd March 2021.
We use Royal Mail 2nd class for the delivery of your orders.
If a product has become unavailable and we are not able to fulfil the order or there will be a delay in fulfilling the order we will advise you as soon as possible and offer a full refund or credit for an alternative product.
We will ship to the UK only so no overseas orders can be fulfilled.
We can’t accept liability for orders that go missing or are delayed in transit. This will need to be followed up with Royal Mail.
If any details that you give to us for your delivery address are incorrect then we are not liable if you do not receive any items you have ordered from us.
CLICK AND COLLECT
You can place a click and collect order for collection on Mondays between 1pm – 2pm whilst we are closed due to the national lockdown, Monday to Friday 2pm – 4pm once Cadbury World reopens (keep an eye on our website for any updates). There’s also no minimum spend required.
Please note you will be unable to collect your order earlier than the agreed time slot. Should you arrive late, you may still be able to collect your order if a team member is available at the collection point.
Please bring your email confirmation for your order (we will not be able to give you your order unless you produce this document).
Customers must adhere to Government Covid-19 regulations and follow CW staff instructions at all times. Customers must stand 2m apart from CW staff and other customers when collecting their purchase. CW reserves the right to refuse access and reject the orders of any customers that do not follow instructions.
Please note the click and collect service may be cancelled without notice in the case of a Covid-19 local lockdown or to reflect Government Covid-19 guidelines locally or nationally.
We want you to be happy with your items however, we cannot process refunds and returns due to the personalised and perishable nature of our products.
If you have received the incorrect item or the item is damaged, please send a photo of the received item and an order reference so we may investigate at firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to rectify if we are found to be at fault.
If a refund is to be issued, we will also refund the returns postage as well as the relevant initial postage charge (if any). This does not apply to personalised items where there is an error made that was not a fault of ours or the item has not been cared for in your possession.
Please send your item(s) back in their original packaging, to the following address, including any invoice/order form to help us identify your order.
Linden Rd, Bournville
Birmingham B30 2LU
Please note that items are still your responsibility until they reach us.
USE OF INFORMATION PROVIDED TO CADBURY WORLD
All information collected by Cadbury World is stored and handled in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, especially the General Data Protection Regulation -Regulation (EU) 2016/679- "GDPR"). Detailed information on our data protection policies is given below on this page. Personal and financial information collected on this site is used for the sole purpose of processing and delivering your order. During checkout you will be asked to "opt in" to receive information from Cadbury World; Mondelēz International, and possibly other organisations and companies involved with, or relevant to, Cadbury World. Financial and payment details such as credit/debit card numbers are removed from our database immediately following payment.
Please note: Posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, obscene or other inappropriate material is prohibited.
TRADEMARKS AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Trademarks, service marks and logos displayed on this site belong to Mondelēz International. Nothing contained on this site should be construed as granting any licence to use any trademark, service mark or logo displayed on this site without the express written permission of Mondelēz International and/or Cadbury World.
WARRANTIES AND EXCLUSIONS
- Mondelez Europe Services GmbH - UK Branch warrants only that: (i) the products in the order conform in every respect with all statutory requirements of the United Kingdom (“UK”); and (ii) the products in the order shall at the time of delivery be of “satisfactory quality” (as defined in Sale of Goods Act 1979). These warranties apply to the exclusion of all other warranties conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- If the products in the order do not conform to the above warranties then Mondelez Europe Services GmbH - UK Branch will at its option (and in full discharge of its liability under the warranties) either rectify the defect or replace the defective products in the order free of charge or take back the same and refund the purchase price provided that: (i) You give written notice of any alleged defect to Mondelez Europe Services GmbH - UK Branch within 14 days of delivery; and (ii) on discovery of the defect You make no further use of the products in the order and allow Mondelez Europe Services GmbH - UK Branch a reasonable opportunity to inspect the products in the order.
- The products in the order are intended for sale and consumption in the UK. Mondelez Europe Services GmbH - UK Branch accepts no responsibility whatsoever or howsoever arising under overseas legislation, rules or administrative acts in the event that the products in the order are exported from the UK to countries outside the EEA (European Economic Area).
Subject to the below, Mondelez Europe Services GmbH - UK Branch shall not be liable (in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation or otherwise) for any loss or damage (including loss of profit or other economic loss (direct or indirect), indirect or consequential loss or damage).
- Mondelez Europe Services GmbH - UK Branch’s total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation or otherwise, arising in connection with the orders shall be limited to 100% of the purchase price of the products.
- Mondelez Europe Services GmbH - UK Branch shall not be liable for any loss of profit or other economic loss (direct or indirect), indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever and howsoever arising.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall operate to exclude or limit Mondelez Europe Services GmbH - UK Branch ‘s liability for death or personal injury arising out of the negligence of Mondelez Europe Services GmbH - UK Branch or for fraudulent misrepresentation
These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and any disputes in relation thereto shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.